Since the start in 2004, the team of ParkinsonNet has published
three PhD thesis's and many articles in magazines for patients and
health professionals, as well as in peer reviewed medical journals.
The scientific publications include:
- Keus SH, Bloem BR, Hendriks EJ, et al. Evidence-based analysis
of physical therapy in Parkinson's disease with recommendations for
practice and research. Mov Disord 2007; 22(4):451-460
- Kalf JG, de Swart BJM, Bloem BR, et al. Guidelines for
speech-language therapy in Parkinson's disease. Parkinsonism Relat
Disord 2007; 13(S3):414.
- Nijkrake MJ, Keus SH, Ewalds H, et al. Quality indicators for
physiotherapy in Parkinson's disease. Eur J Phys Rehabil Med 2009;
- Munneke M, Nijkrake MJ, Keus SH, et al. Efficacy of
community-based physiotherapy networks for patients with
Parkinson's disease: a cluster-randomised trial. Lancet Neurol
- Nijkrake MJ, Keus SH, Overeem S, et al. The ParkinsonNet
concept: development, implementation and initial experience. Mov
Disord 2010; 25(7):823-829.
- Keus SHJ, Oude Nijhuis LB, Nijkrake MJ, et al. Improving
Community Healthcare for Patients with Parkinson's Disease: The
Dutch Model. Parkinson'S Disease 2012; 2012(Article ID 543426)
- Van der Eijk M, Faber MJ, Al SS, et al. Moving towards
patient-centered healthcare for patients with Parkinson's disease.
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 2011; 17(5):360-364.
- Van Nimwegen, M, Speelman AD, Overeem S, et al. Promotion of
physical activity and fitness in sedentary patients with
Parkinson's disease: randomised controlled trial. BMJ 2013;
346:f576 (Watch this video to learn more about